Our mission is to discover and apply best practice methodologies for designing data-
intensive services that create personal and business value of data for users in their specific
context. We differentiate between two application scenarios with strong methodological
synergies between them:
1. Services for human individuals, typically consumers
- Gaining insights into jobs, hidden pains and gains related to a service
- Modelling the customer journey and developing appropriate value propositions
- Finding the appropriate equilibrium between the digital and the human side of data-driven services
2. Industrial smart services for business users, typically in production environments
- Applying the concept of servitization of manufacturing in specific production environments
- Leveraging the potentials of product-service transformation for increasing customer value and gaining competitive advantages
- Creating business service ecosystems
What do our Industrial Members get from this Expert Group?
- Getting to know best practice approaches for smart services from other companies
- Becoming familiar with innovative concepts for smart services from R&D
- Discovering the potential of data science to design advanced smart services.
- Sharing experiences with other companies
- Benefitting from networking opportunities with experts and like-minded companies
- Getting access to innovative R&D projects from the smart services science community
- Having the opportunity to participate in student projects
We bring these benefits to the members of the Expert Group using different formats such as co-creation in workshops, lunch-seminars, extended conferences and direct bilateral exchanges.
An Innosuisse Project on Digital Twin: Digital twin-based services to support decision making along the product life-cycle of capital equipment.
Lead by HSLU and ZHAW
Smart Services Summit
Swiss Alliance for Data-Intensive Services held in Zurich its second Smart Services Summit at Swisscom’s new workspace in Zurich. We had 30 attendees at the summit; a good mix from industry and universities. The meeting started with five hard hitting industrial presentations on the problems and challenges associated with digitalization in industries and what is expected from the smart services. The summit was jointly supported by the ASAP Service Management Forum (Italy).
Check out the resulting ebook.
Join our next service lunch: "The human factor - making the most of AI results"
Past Service Lunches
- 12.09.2019: Electrolux: How IoT is Changing the Electrolux Service
- 16.09.2019: SBB and Zühlke: Es hat noch Platz!
- 16.01.2019: Swisscom and Zimmer Biomet: Innovating Healthcare through Mobile Data and Predictive Analytics
- 18.10.2018: Bank Vontobel: Towards a Data Driven Company
- 27.06.2018: ABB: Digital Twin – Challenges & Concepts
- 10.04.2018: Bruhn Partner: Servicetransformation realisieren mit Hilfe einer praxisorientierten Toolbox
- 19.01.2018: Previon Plus: Von der Vision zur Online-Matching-Plattform
- 25.09.2018: Mario Herger / The Silicon Valley Mindset: Wie Data-driven Innovation unsere Welt auf den Kopf stellt